Works with Apple HomeKit, Compatible with Alexa and the Google Assistant
Apple HomeKit technology provides an easy, secure way to switch connected lights on or off, and/or brighten or dim connected lights using the Koogeek Home app (Apple Home app) and Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch. It is also compatible with Alexa and the Google Assistant, so you can use Amazon Echo or Google Home to control it after configuration. You can use the Google Assistant for voice control, even if you don’t have a Google Home. For example:
“Hey, Siri, turn on the Light Bulb.”
“Alexa, dim the Light Bulb.”
“Ok Google, set the Light Bulb to 20%.”
Featuring a high-quality plastic face plate, concealed fixing screws, 86 x 86 mm, it fits a standard 86mm x 86mm back box. Compatible with all single-pole light switches. Not intended for replacing 3-way light switches. Suitable for two 5-200 watts lamps, such as incandescents, tungsten lamps, dimmable LEDs, and CFLs. Setup only takes a few minutes and does not require a hub. When configuring, connect it to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. You can control and dim two connected lights separately.
After successfully configuring Alexa or connecting to the Google Assistant, wherever you have Internet access (over cellular networks, e.g., 4G LTE / 3G, or any Wi-Fi networks), you can remotely control and monitor connected lights, whether you are at home or not.
* Note: If Alexa or the Google Assistant connection is not configured, controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories from your iOS devices over your cellular networks or other Wi-Fi networks requires your HomePod, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV, or iPad set up as a home hub.
Control Multiple Light Bulbs Simultaneously
Create scenes and control multiple HomeKit-enabled lights simultaneously with a single Siri voice command or a quick tap.
Monitor Power Consumption
Check whether your Koogeek Smart Light Dimmer is connected properly with your lights and monitor their real-time and historical total power consumption via the Koogeek Home app.
Automate HomeKit-enabled Lights
With the Koogeek Home app and on the same Wi-Fi network, without setting up any home hub, you can automate connected lights or scenes to turn on or off through triggers such as time of day, HomeKit-enabled sensor detection, or the action of a HomeKit accessory.
By setting up your HomePod, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV (4th generation or later, with tvOS 11.3 or later), or iPad (with iOS 12.0 or later) as a home hub, you can
(1) control connected lights remotely;
(2) grant access to the people you trust; and
(3) automate connected lights or scenes to turn on or off through triggers such as time of day, location, HomeKit-enabled sensor detection, or the action of a HomeKit accessory.
Apple HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between a HomeKit-enabled accessory and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
– Home Wi-Fi: (802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz ONLY)
– WPA or WPA2 Network Security
– Koogeek Home app (available on the App Store)
– To control this HomeKit-enabled accessory with your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Apple Watch, iOS 12.0 or later is recommended.
– To set up automations and user permissions for this HomeKit-enabled accessory with your iOS device requires a HomePod, an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 11.3 or later, or an iPad with iOS 12.0 or later set up as a home hub.
– To control this product with Alexa using your voice, an Alexa product is required.
– To control this product with the Google Assistant using your voice, iOS 12.0 or later is required.
1. Ensure the Koogeek Smart Dimmer is within the range of your Wi-Fi connection.
2. Koogeek Smart Dimmer replaces single pole switches only. Not compatible with 3-way switches, which could be controlled from multiple locations.
3. A neutral wire is required.
4. Metal faceplates are not recommended. Otherwise, it may cause harmful interference to Wi-Fi performance.
5. Some functions are currently not available on Apple Watch.
6. For Indoor Dry Location Use Only.